We Make the Cut Any Which Way You Slice It.
Labor force? Check. Low businesss and housing costs? Check, check. Culture, recreation and education? Check, check, check.
Albany-Dougherty County has had a few centuries to get things in order, and people have taken notice. Whether it’s our golf, symphony, planetarium, home-grown restaurants, riverfront or hunting (indeed, we are home to hunting plantations owned by some of the world’s most recognizable families), Albany-Dougherty County offers individuals and families an array of ways in which to spend their time.
Quick Facts: Community and Culture
- Commercial, cultural and educational hub of Southwest Georgia
- Corporate citizens include some of world’s best-known companies, such as Procter & Gamble, Pfizer, MillerCoors and MARS Chocolate North America
- Cultural attractions from museum to symphony to theater to the planetarium
- Educational opportunities in Albany State University, Darton College, Albany Technical College and Troy University
- Zoo, aquarium, hunting, fishing, golf, riverfront trails
- Flint River, lakes and and other water recreation
- Festivals, marathon, bike race, arena football and college sports
- Enjoyable weather with long, hot summers and short, mild winters
- 35-minute flight to Atlanta
- Close to beaches and mountains
Quick Facts: The best things about Albany
- Small city with opportunities for businesses and young professionals; vibrant cultural and arts scene
- Floridan Aquifer feeds rivers, lakes, creeks
- Relaxed community that knows how to enjoy life
- Genuine people offering Southern hospitality